Select Entry Accelerated Learning (SEAL) Program
Doncaster Secondary College offers an extension/SEAL program to students beginning from year 7.
SEAL Open Night 2022
Doncaster Secondary College invites all current and prospective families to our SEAL Open Night event on 9th August 2022, 6pm – 8pm.
The evening will feature a presentation from keynote speaker, Dr Mark Smith (Victorian Association for Gifted and Talented Children), and a Q&A session with our College Alumni SEAL students.
Tickets go on sale Friday 22nd July. Book your spot here: https://compasstix.com/e/d1jwzrtzmz
Expanded opportunities for high-achieving and high-ability students
The Year 7 and 8 SEAL classes ensure that high achieving students are able to work with others of similar abilities while remaining with their age peers. SEAL students remain together for their Year 9 core subjects but mix with mainstream students in their Arts/Technology electives, Languages and Myself classes. In Year 10, SEAL students with consistently high results will be considered for a place in the Year 10 Extension Math and/or Extension English class.
Advantages to the program are:
- Students are challenged in their learning and are therefore more motivated and productive in class.
- Students can study their subjects in more depth.
- Students will enter VCE with advanced skills.
- High performing students have the opportunity to undertake an expanded VCE program, depending on academic requirements and subject availability.
- Undertaking VCE classes in Year 10 allows students to complete a greater number and range of VCE subjects by the end of Year 12. The extra subjects attract a 10% bonus in the calculation of the ATAR score.
- Year 12 students who are completing a three-year VCE, may also study a university-enhancement subject in their final year. This provides extra credit for their ATAR, and assists in preparing students for tertiary studies.
Application to the SEAL program
Information regarding the application process will be provided to families when enrolment allocations are confirmed towards the end of August.