Doncaster Secondary College recognises the needs of high achieving students by offering the Select Entry Accelerated Learning (SEAL) Program to those students.
Application to the SEAL program
For entry into the 2022 Year 7 SEAL class at Doncaster Secondary College students will need to undertake an assessment completed by Edutest. The test is scheduled to be conducted after families have received their ‘High School Placement Notification’ (through their primary school). To register your child for testing and consideration, please follow this link.
This year’s SEAL examination will be held from 9.00 am – 12.30 pm on Friday, 3rd September 2021.
Registrations are now open until Monday, 23rd August, 2021.
The Year 7 and 8 SEAL classes ensure that high achieving students are able to work with others of similar abilities while remaining with their age peers. SEAL students remain together for their Year 9 core subjects but mix with mainstream students in their Arts/Technology electives, Languages and Myself classes. In Year 10, SEAL students with consistently high results will be considered for a place in the Year 10 Extension Math and/or Extension English class.
Advantages to the program are:
- Students are challenged in their learning and are therefore more motivated and productive in class.
- Students can study their subjects in more depth.
- Students will enter VCE with advanced skills.
- High performing students have the opportunity to undertake an expanded VCE program, depending on academic requirements and subject availability.
- Undertaking VCE classes in Year 10 allows students to complete a greater number and range of VCE subjects by the end of Year 12. The extra subjects attract a 10% bonus in the calculation of the ATAR score.
- Year 12 students who are completing a three-year VCE, may also study a university-enhancement subject in their final year. This provides extra credit for their ATAR, and assists in preparing students for tertiary studies.